Epson xp 5100 offline issue
If you are facing an epson xp 5100 offline issue then before starting with the printer offline troubleshooting steps, we should check all connections between printer and computer. This will also help to save time and struggle.
One of the most basic errors is a loose connection between printer and computer in case of wired connection. I find a loose connection, then connect it properly and restart your both device Epson printer and computer. Your “Epson printer online” status will appear in the bottom right corner.
Just to avoid the troubleshooting hassle, you should check the USB cable connection on both ends of devices or you can also check by replacing the USB cable if you have another cable handy. If you found out that there is no problem with the connections and still showing the same offline error then move to a further step…
Step 2 – Epson printer offline to online Manually
Initial steps to bring Epson printer offline to online for windows 7
- On the left bottom corner of the screen click on the start button
- Click the control panel and then click device and printer
Initial steps to bring Epson printer offline to online for windows 10
- Click on start button >go to setting> Click on device> printer and scanner
- Right-click on the Epson printer icon and in the new pop up menu click on see what’s printing
- In the new pop up window, click on the printer in the top bar.
- In the pop-up menu select use printer online.
Step 3 – Remove all pre-given printing commands.
- Right-click on the Epson printer icon in the showing list and then click see what’s printing.
- Right-click and then select cancel to remove all pre-given printing commands
- Now select use printer online again.
- If still showing printer offline error then restart your computer again.
If the Epson printer shows offline error again then move to a further step…..
Step 4:- Have to reinstall Epson printer
- Click on start > settings > devices > Printer and scanner
- Click on the Epson printer icon and then click on remove device.
- Open the Epson official site in the browser and download the latest updated printer drivers for the Epson printer.
- Reinstall the drivers and restart the device.
If this step is not able to take the Epson printer online from offline then take the backup of all the drivers and data of the printer and remove all printer drivers and programs from your computer and move to a further step:
Step 5 – Reinstall all Epson printer drivers and package
- Log in a user account with admin username and password
- Click on start button > all programs> accessories> command prompt
- In the new window of the command prompt, type PRINTUI /s /t2. Make sure to give space in between the command. By doing this you will get new window “ Print Properties”
- Remove all the drivers and packages for the Epson printer in the showing list.
- Click on add a printer to reinstall it again.
Your Epson printer will show online and will be ready to give you uninterrupted printing services.
About Expression home XP 5100 small in one printer
The Epson Expression XP 5100 comes with the facility of all in one inkjet with the dual function of print and scan. This printer is compatible with Windows, MAC and Linux.
With the decent capacity of 150 sheets in the tray, it can also accept the up to 25# basis weight which is a bit more than common office bonds but it’s less than another printer capacity in comparison.
This printer has a 2.5-inch medium size display screen also come up with the facility of the memory card reader. You can connect this printer directly to your computer with the help of a USB cable or a Wi-Fi Connectivity option is also available in a printer which makes the work fast and easier.
The Epson Expression XP-5100 runs on Inkjet technology. In this technology, the moving head sprays liquid ink onto the paper. With the printing speed of 13 pages per minute its cost you 5.8 cents per page. Printing quality on glossy paper is also fair. Expression Home XP 5100 has duplex printing quality through which you can print both sides of the page with a bit of loss of quality. Sheet tray capacity is 150 paper at a time max.
Copy & Scanning
This expression Home XP 5100 is good and fast for scanning and copying purposes.
Connectivity & Network
epson xp 5100 offline has an inbuilt memory card reader so you can print any document by just inserting an SD card in the printer. Also, there is the facility of USB cable connectivity, by which you can directly attach the computer or laptop for the printing job. Also, you can print documents wirelessly with Wi-Fi.
The best printing facility for Apple users is inbuilt Air print to print wirelessly from your Apple devices. Also, you can print an email by just sending it remotely to the printer.
Note – this is a noisy printer while printing, so keep it away from the areas where you need silence.
Support for Epson Printer Offline Issue – Fix & Resolve
No one would like to see his/her Epson printer status offline mainly at work time. But, devices may get issues and this condition affects your printing requirements. When you make your printing device ready to work, but your PC shows it is offline. As an outcome, you are not able to print your files. This issue really makes you stressed and even makes you crazy sometimes. Such condition generally happens because of wrong set-up and configuration or due to errors in the printer software. In order to resolve all such issues, you need to call a professional team that provides support for the Epson printer offline problem.
Why Your Epson Printer Shows Offline?
There can be many reasons that show a printer offline in such a state. The issues may be related to connectivity, software update, preference setting, and etc. Sometimes people are able to resolve these issues by own but it is not true all the time because solving such problems by own may result in creating other issues due to the lack of technical expertise.
How to Fix Epson Printer Offline Problem?
If you apply the given solutions here, you can easily fix the Epson printer offline error. Here we have discussed the printer offline error in detail and provided proven solutions to fix it.
Rule Out Any Malfunctioning Cable Issue to Fix Epson Printer Offline
- Loose or damaged power chord and the connecting cables might trigger the Epson printer offline error.
- Remove all the cables, and carefully look for any damage. If you find any, this could be what’s causing the problem. You should change the cable.
- Now again connect all the cables and power on the printer. See if it has the power supply and then give the Print command to determine if the Epson printer offline issue is resolved or not.
Restart Your Router to Eliminate Any Connection Issue
If your printer is connected over a wireless network, initializing the router may bring back the Epson printer online from offline:
- Remove your router’s power chord from the power supply outlet and wait for a few minutes.
- Now plug it in again and then restart your computer. Wait for some time; let your computer and printer establish the connection via the router.
- Now print something, if you can then the Epson printer offline issue is fixed and there is no need to perform other steps.
Reset the Printer Spooler Services
The spooler service is a software program that manages all the print jobs that are sent to the computer’s printer. Restarting this service will ensure that spooler service settings are reset which could solve the Epson printer offline issue.
- Press Windows + R button on the keyboard to launch the Run application. In the run dialogue box type services. msc and press Enter.
- From the list of services locate the Print Spooler service. Now Double click on it to open its properties.
- Click on the Stop button under the system status and then click Ok to save the changes.
- Now close the open tabs and restart your computer the apply the changes and see if the printer starts printing or not.
Try Disabling the SNMP Settings
SNMP stands for Simple Network Management Protocol and wireless printers that connect to your computer use this protocol for enhanced functionality and to strengthen the security of the connection. SNMP settings could cause the printer to go offline so disabling them might help.
- Go to the Control Panel and then select Devices and Printers.
- Select printers from the list and once in the printers window, find your device, right-click on it, and from the drop-down menu select Properties.
- Now go to the configuration tab and click on Ports. Here click on Configure ports and then uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled option.
Re-install the Epson Printer Software
Corrupt Epson software with missing or deleted files might interrupt the printing process and can cause Epson printer offline error. To troubleshoot this you need to re-install it:
- Open the control panel on your computer and then select uninstall software option.
- From the list of installed programs, find EPSON Printer Software and right-click it, then choose the uninstall option
- Now download the latest available printer software for your Epson printer from the official Epson website and install it on your computer.
These are all the proven solutions that could fix the Epson printer offline issue. But if even applying all the troubleshooting steps, the issue still persists; you should contact the Epson customer support for further assistance.