It is sometimes seen that offline status pops up on Mac when trying to take printout. It shows that the Mac OS cannot communicate with the connected printer and i know it is the most annoying error for sure, but it could be simply that the printer might be turned off or a USB connection is loose. In this article we will guide you in how to fix Epson Printer offline on Mac device.
Ensure Printer to PC Connectivity
This is the first thing to do when printer is showing offline i.e. error appears on any of the OS. Follow the below steps to make sure this. Prior to proceeding with these steps, make sure if the printer is connected properly and by checking if it appears on list of devices on your computer system.
For a USB Printer Connectivity
• Switch off the printer by pressing on power button, and then wait for approx 5 seconds. • Unplug the USB cable connected to the computer device’s back. • Switch on the printer. It might begin with the printing queued documents, so wait for it to complete that and turn silent prior to proceeding. • Wait for the 5 seconds, and reconnect cable to your printer. Ensure the cable sits securely on USB port of your printer. In case it begins to print, let the task to complete that before moving on to the next step. • Retry printing. If it does, you are good to go. If not, read on and learn how to turn printer online over the wireless network.
For a Wireless Printer Connectivity
• Switch off and on the printer and you need to wait for it to become silent. • In case the connection does not come back after the restarting printer process, then try the same for the router after closing all activities from the network. To restart the router, first unplug it from the power source and wait for the ten seconds. • After you connect the router to the power socket, you need to wait for it to establish connectivity to internet. A light will display which will shows that it is indicating the connectivity, so ensure that prior to proceeding. • Reboot the computer and wait for it to turn inactive. Once it restarts, click on the top left upper corner Apple icon, and choose System Preferences. Then, click on Printers and Scanners to open the list of printers installed on the Mac. • If you are able to choose your printer from the device list, it is connected. And, if the printer does not show up on the list, and you have no options to make it appear there, then the network connection is causing the printer offline error.
Reset the Printer
• Always ensure the printer is inactive prior to proceeding. • When the device is switched on, unplug the power cord from its back. Disconnect the same from the power slot and wait for at least 1 minute. • Now reconnect the power cord into the power socket. • Re-plug the power cord to the printer’s back. • In case it does not switch on, then press on the power button. • Once it turns on, retry taking the print of any document. If you are unable to do so, move on to the next step.
Delete Other Printers from Mac
If multiple names of the same printer are listed on the computer, remove the unwanted entries and keep the one i.e. shown as Idle. Note that the Idle printer status in the list is highlighted in green color. After ensuring that, follow the below steps:
• Open the list of printers from the Printers and Scanners option. • After that remove extra entries of the same printer by choosing one by one and click on the minus button shown on the bottom left. • Then, configure the idle printer as default one. • Thereafter, retry printing. • If the printer offline error persists, then move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Clear Current Print Queue and Re-Add the Printer
Remove the print queue from the list and add it back by creating a fresh printing session on the Mac.
Follow the below steps for that:
• Make sure there is internet connection on Mac. • To add it back onto the list, and click on the plus • Then, choose the printer from a new list that is appearing, and click on Add • Click on Use or Print Using. • After that choose the available printer or the Air Print. • Once it appears as Idle in the printers list, you can retry printing.
If the offline status still there, proceed with the next step to troubleshoot this issue.
Reset or Reconfigure the Printing System
• Right-click on a blank area on the list of printers, and choose Reset printing system. Confirm the same upon the prompt. • Type the administrator account’s Username and Password, and tap on OK. • Wait for process to complete it and the said list is empty. • Add the printer all over again to it as explained earlier. • Retry printing now.